28 June 2007

Paris is filled with crazy awesomeness

Paris is, uh, frickin great maybe? I think that every single person in the world deserves to see this place. It's fantastic in every way.

I've seen many of the major sights such as the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame Church, the Arc de Triamphe. I've been to the Louvre and the Centre Pompidou to see some priceless art. I've also seen things like the Catacombs and spots where scenes from Amelie were filmed. I had the luxery (my apologies for my spelling by the way-spell check is for French here) of seeing things from the perspective of a local. Twice I've met up with a friend who has studied in Paris for a year. She took me to the Amelie sights, then we ate bread and cheese on the steps of Sacre Coeur which overlooks the city. I also ate lunch Sebbe's aunt today. She has lived in Paris for about 30 years. She was great, I'm excited to see her again in Finland.

I will be sad to leave Paris, however I am excited for Amsterdam. One of my roommates (at my hostel) is going to Amsterdam the same day as I am so we are going to meet up in the evening. It will be fantastic because she had previously spend 6 days there. She's already given me advice on what to do there. I've learned that word of mouth is absolutely the way to go. I will post again soon!


















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bonjour Amy!
Nice to read your blog again! I will send you the contact information for Heleen, my friend that I met at western who lives in Amsterdam. You will like Amsterdam, I've been there twice. Don't miss the Van Gogh museum, really good exhibition!
Take care! Have fun! We miss you!
Lovies

Ana said...

Have fun !!!

Anonymous said...

Holla Ami

come estas! I miss ya so much!!! But have fun, fun, fun! Emai me if you can tigger009@hotmail.com

love ya,
Gloris
X0X0

Anonymous said...

Hey, did you see Tom Hanks at the Louvre? Dumb joke.

Love, Cmom