09 June 2007

Venice, Italy - Nice, France - Monaco


My most sincere apologies everyone!! It has been much more difficult than I had anticipated to find the time and a computer to write blog entries. I had to sneak away from the group to write this one =) I have been having the most incredible time, words cannot describe.
On Wednesday we took a train, a bus, and a plane to Venice, which is the most authentic and beautiful city i ve ever walked about. We spent one night and one day in Venice then took a night train to Nice, France (we slept in bunks on the train). Nice is also amazingly beautiful. The picture is of us drinking obscenely cheap wine out of the bottle on a beach in Nice. Of course we also had cheese and breadsticks to go along with it =) Unfortunately I am unable to upload more than one picture, not sure why.

Today we picked up our rental car and drove to Monaco. It reminded me of Beverley Hills, in that everyone was wealthy and everything is expenive. Needless to say, we did not eat at a restaurant, we ate food off a cart. We got our fair share of exercise instead.
There is MUCH more to the story obviously. Next time I will find wireless access and use Ika's laptop. The keyboard keys are very different here so typing is more of a process than a task at an internet cafe. I am now off to meet everyone again! I promise I will write again very soon.

3 comments:

Ana said...

I'm glad you are experiencing mediterranean way of life !!
Don't you think our quality of life is the best ???
try some sangria and vinos de verano for me in spain !! Pleeease !!! And take a swim for me too .By the way, you look beautiful.Cheers!!!

JTDad said...

We're glad to hear from you and glad you're enjoying yourselves. Drive safe!
(Oh, by the way, try reducing the quality settings of your camera when you take pictures that you want to post. The reduced file size will let you post more pictures faster.)
We just got back from Melissa's graduation ceremony and today Uncle Ray is the big 50.
LIVE IT UP:)

Dana said...

I found you through Runaway quilter. I can't wait to read through all of your adventures.