05 July 2007

Woohoo Amsterdam and Dublin is incredible...and wet.

I guess one could say I've been having a bit of fun over here on this great continent. From Paris I took a train to Amsterdam which took about 6 hours. I met up with a woman who was one of my roommates in my Paris hostel. We took part in a traditional Amsterdamian activity that evening and walked around Leidsesplein ;) In Amsterdam I saw the big touristy things like the Centrum (city center) and I even took a stroll through the Red Light District. I took that walk during the early evening considering my solo traveller status. It was perfectly fine until I was the victim of a run-by-butt-slapping. I decided to go back to my hostel after that. I met some really great people in Amsterdam with whome I went to a jazz club one night=)
After three nights in Amsterdam, I flew to Dublin, which is where I am now. The is a fantastic city, however wet. The weather is very interesting and a tad inconvenient. It has been raining for about 10-15 minutes every hour. It stops, dries out, then rains again. Yesterday I walked to Trinity College and looked at the Book of Kells (a book from around 800AD). Today I am going to go and do some things that don't cost any money...my funds are shrinking quickly :) Luckily there is a TON of stuff to do in Dublin that doesn't cost anything.
That's all for now! Next stop: Berlin, Germany.




















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Amy!
Great to read your blog again! It's going to be fun to hear about your adventures when you get here!

While it's raining in Dublin you can sing the not so annoying umbrella song=)

Have fun! Take care!

Ana said...

Good to read you again !!
After three years in the desert i would not mind a little bit of Dublin weather !!
Have fun !!!!

Anonymous said...

hey its danielle again. so glad your having an amazing time. Keep in touch cause ill be in london on the 24th and then you can have some travel buddies!!! email me if its easier, brunfam123@hotmail.com

Curtis said...

wow, i cant believe we all missed your call... ill get you next time though. (you have my cell# ?)

Anonymous said...

so...the other day I was sleeping in, quite wonderful i might add, before work. It was around 11:00 am or so...and my phone was ringing. I pick up my phone,only to see "Unknown" flashing on the screen.

So I silence it and throw it on the floor thinking "Damn you Blockbuster, I know my movies are late, it's not like you'll charge me anyway..."

So at work, I check m voice mail...and SHIT!! IT WAS MY BELOVED AMY WHO CALLED!!

Angry at the world I shed a tear, and throw my phone into my purse...go back to work and proceed to provide less that 5 star customer service.

-the end

xo xo
Deb
I'm sorry i missed your call.