30 May 2007

Grand opening and the store.

Yesterday we decided to go to the local mall to eat lunch before grocery shopping. The mall is called Kupolen. It's the one big thing in this town. So obviously one may infer that Borlänge is a very small town. After lunch we didn't get to grocery shop because we had to race back to her apartment so she could change and make it to a "grand opening" of something called the Banana Field. It's a new outside multisport field which accomodates Basketball, Handball, Football (Soccer), and Floorball (a game played with a hockey-type stick and a pickle-type ball, very popular in Skandinavia). Ika and one other girl from her team were the representatives for handball.

After that, we got to go grocery shopping. We went to a place called Willys. Ya know, a grocery store is pretty much a grocery store. BUT we came across the coolest thing. The largest section of Wasa bread I've ever seen!! The wierdest things entertain me, who knows what will strike my fancy next=). I was also involved in my third Swedish tranaction yesterday. The groceries that I bought were 149.00 Kroner, or about 15 Euro, or about 18 or 19 US dollars. I'm very below my budget by the way!

Today Ika has to go study for her Math exam she has on Monday so I'll be on my own for a bit. I think I'll go for a long run today, and then who knows. I'll probably go explore that mall a bit (don't worry those of you who are concerned -you know who you are-I'm not going to buy anything!) I'll keep you posted on what I do!

2 comments:

Ana said...

Hej !!!bHave you tried yet "Kalles Kaviar" ??
I love it !!! Aren"t the cheeses amazing ???

Cindymom said...

Hey, was that "and you know who you are" comment about "you know who"? I'm glad you are having a good time. Say hi to Ika, and her mom and sister for me. I hope you have a lot more great adventures.

We are moving this weekend so I won't be reading anything - I love you!!