10 February 2008

time to write again

There's never a shortage of things to write about however, for some reason I seem to take hiatuses -or are they hiati? I cannot say I've been too busy to write, only unmotivated.

I was offered the position as Executive Assistant to the VP of Research and the VP of Pharmaceutical Operations at the Biotech. After 9 days of working as a temporary employee, they decided to give me the option. It's a good position, with great benefits and a hell of a view. It's not a job that I'd like to do forever, but it is one that allows for invaluable connections.

Lately I've been catching up with some friends from the past. On Thursday night I spent time with a friend from middle school. I hadn't had any contact with her for 10 years [see picture below]. Online social networking is unquestionably an extraordinary tool for finding people from one's past. I don't know why I'm often so negative about it. As long as you don't let it control your life, I think it's a great tool.

Ok, maybe "control your life" is too dramatic a phrase. However, I know that many more people carry around cameras than before. The cause is undoubtedly questionable: is it because cameras are cheaper and more people have them? Or is it because people want to capture more of their lives so they can upload it onto myspace or facebook? Hmmm. Weird question. I suppose it really doesn't matter either way. Get down wit' cha pictchas if ya please!

I've had some awe-inspiring thoughts lately (unlike the one just shared). I just can't think of them right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jeee, a new blog-post. More Amy philosophies please:)