07 January 2008

ok, a little much

I started today at Omeros. This going to be a great job. I feel like it's the perfect fit for me at this point. A bit more responsibility, a bit more money, and I get to use some things I learned in college!

However ... I dropped my class :(

I think I got a tiny bit ahead of myself with that one. I think once I am comfortable in this new position, I will then be able to start taking classes. Until then though, I'm going to give everything I've got to this new job. It'll be worth it for the references at the very least ;)

2 comments:

Runner Gurl said...

Good for you for knowing (and doing) what is right for you at this point in time, Amy!

Dropping a class is sometimes EXACTLY the right thing. I love how your profile says "forever a student regardless of enrollment". It's so true. This new job can be your classroom, and I am guessing you will be learning TONS.
: )

Ahh... running in cold weather....

First of all, I have to have clothes and shoes I like so I want to put them on (sounds silly but it's true!). Have you been to Title Nine by Greenlake? Lovelovelove the clothes in there.

I also use my ipod if I am running alone (safe, populated routes... usually on campus). Toby Keith is my first choice, but podcasts are great too.

The best motivator is a running buddy.... Someone who is waiting at a designated place, at a designated time, and is willing to gab the hour away with you.
: )

Congratulations on the job! I am cheering you on from here!
*pom poms waving... doing high kicks and jumps*

xo

Unknown said...

I did that same thing with my A&P class back in the day. You shouldn't sweat it. A new job is a big deal and it's more than fair to take on one big new thing at a time. Keep me posted on the new job!