29 November 2007

ah the sugar quandary.

The idea: Sugar is bad; it will kill you. Artificial sweetener is bad; it will kill you. Now, when faced with such a predicament, what the hell is one supposed to eat?! Do we all need to eat boring unsweetened food for the rest of our lives? I'd rather not have a bitter existance myself. I personally use artificial sweetener because I car more about caloric content rather than this so-called artifical sweetener death sentence that may or may not exist.

Ordering food for an entire community with this idea in mind is quite a challenge. I've got people on the sugar side: is there any natural form of this food/drink? I've got people on the sweetener side: is there any diet form of this food/drink?

Answer: Probably! But I might just tell you otherwise. How about we worry about the things that really are going to kill us - like melting ice caps or super bug diseases (*nudge nudge). Science is advanced enough that we can live well into a regressed state of diaper-wearing as it is. Why would one want to live any longer than that anyway?!

The answer really is quite simple to me. Neither sugar nor artificial sweetener is going to kill you. Guaranteed - something else definitely will!! Think practically people.

Happy Day!

P.S. You cannot by any stretch of the imagination get MRSA from soda!

No comments: